Maille Dijon Ham + Cheese Hand Pies
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook time: 20-25 Minutes
Yields: 20-22 of 2 ½” hearts
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 box/2 sheets pre-made pie dough (22 ounces or 1 pound + 6 ounces), softened to room temperature
- Maille Dijon Originale
- 1/2 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (for egg wash, optional)
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet, place it over medium-low heat, then add the spinach. Stir a few times, then cover with a lid, and cook until the spinach is wilted down, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Roll out 1 sheet of pie dough on a lightly floured surface. Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter (we used one that is 2 /12”) to cut out 20-22 hearts. Place on the baking sheet (it’s ok if they’re super close together for now as they’ll be going in the refrigerator prior to baking, but just make sure they aren’t touching).
- Spread each heart generously with Maille Dijon Originale. Top with a scant teaspoon of each spinach, then ham and lastly cheese.
- Roll out the other sheet of pie dough. Repeat cutting out the hearts with the cookie cutter. Top the hearts that have the filling, lightly pressing down to seal the edges. Cover lightly with plastic wrap, then transfer the baking sheet to the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- When you’re ready to bake the pies, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly brush the pies with an egg wash (optional, but gives the pies a nice golden brown gloss). Pierce with a fork or knife. Bake 6-8 hand pies at a time on a lined baking sheet, for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Carefully transfer to a plate and serve with extra Maille Dijon Originale for dipping.