Maille Holiday Kale Salad with a Orange Vinaigrette
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook time: 80-90 Minutes
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Maille Honey Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 1 delicata squash, sliced into roughly ¼” thick slices, seeds + ends removed
- Sea Salt
- 1 bunch (about ½ pound) lacinato kale (or kale of your choice), roughly chopped
- 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa
- ½ cup roughly chopped dates
- ⅓ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 4-6 ounces goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, orange juice, Maille Honey Dijon Mustard , salt, pepper and orange zest just until combined. Set aside.
- Place the delicata squash slices in a single layer in a smaller separate baking dish and drizzle with ⅓ cup of the marinade and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place the squash in the preheated oven. Cook, checking every 20 minutes, flipping the squash slices as needed, until the squash is golden brown. The squash will take about 60-80 minutes. While the squash is cooking, go ahead and cook your quinoa.
- In a large serving bowl toss together the kale, quinoa, dates and pumpkin seeds along with the remaining marinade/dressing. Top with the delicata squash slices, and then sprinkle with goat cheese crumbles. (If making this salad to pair with the Cranberry Roast Chicken, top also with 1 cup of the cooked cranberries from the chicken marinade)
This salad is part of our Holiday Menu and uses components from our Cranberry Orange Whole Roast Chicken. If cooking in the Breville Smart Oven, add the squash and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Proceed with the rest of the recipe as is.