Savory Dijon Chicken Hand Pies
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook time: 20 Minutes
Total Time 45 Minutes
- 2 (8 ounce tubes) crescent (croissant) flake rolled dough
- 4 - 6 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 - 3 tablespoons milk
- 2-3 tablespoons Maille Dijon Original mustard
- 1 tablespoons chopped pimento pepper, or jarred roasted red peppers
- 3 - 4 spring onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using 2 forks, shred the chicken, about 4 - 6 cups.
- In a large bowl, add in the shredded chicken, softened cream cheese, and blend well.
- Add in the milk to loosen the chicken mixture slightly. Mix in the chopped pimentos, spring onions, Maille Dijon Original mustard, chives, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Blend everything well, cover with plastic wrap and set aside until ready to use. Can be made up to 2 - 3 days ahead, kept covered in the refrigerator until you are ready to make the hand pies.
- Unroll the dough, cutting along the perforations to form 4 rectangles, pressing or pinching the remaining perforations firmly to seal. Roll out if needed to make the rectangles about 4 x 6 inches in size.
- Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture over the center of one rectangle. Pull the 4 corners of dough to the center, twisting and pinching firmly to seal edges. Repeat with remaining rectangles until you have filled 8 hand pies.
- Place on the parchment-lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 - 25 min or until golden. Remove and serve.
- Garnish with additional chopped chives and Italian flat-leaf parsley, if desired.
To make mini bite croissant chicken hand pies, simply use one perforated triangle per hand pie filled with 1 tablespoon of the chicken filling. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.