Winter Pork Belly and Mashed Potatoes
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook time: 1 Hour 45 Minutes
- 3 pound Pork Belly (skin on preferred)
- 1 T canola oil or other neutral oil
- 2 T kosher salt
Mustard Wine Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Maille Dijon Original mustard
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 cup Chardonnay
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
Serve with mashed potatoes and garnish with micro greens.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Score the skin on the pork belly in a diamond pattern. Rub with salt and oil. Place pork belly in a walled casserole dish skin side down and cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove pork belly from the oven and increase temperature to 400 F. Flip the pork belly so it is skin side up in the pan and cook for 30 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk sauce ingredients together.
- Remove the pan from the oven and clean out the pan of drippings, leaving only about a tablespoon behind in the pan. Pour sauce into the bottom of the pan. Return to oven for 30 minutes or until the top is crispy.
- To plate, place pork belly skin side up on mashed potatoes and serve with sauce from the pan. Garnish with micro greens.